Monday, May 2, 2011

Beautiful Mother

    So a couple weeks ago on facebook, there was one of those Beautiful Mother Award chain postings going around.  It said the usual send to 8 others but I did it to many more than that.  I got lots back and some were from some people who have never even seen my kids or seen me in action (at least that I can recall).  I was flattered at that since sometimes I doubt my momming, but that's not what this is about.  As we near Mother's Day, I feel more and more like writing something about my momming; but that's what this whole blog is about anyways.  My momming.  
     I toyed with the idea of writing a post calling myself out on what I feel I do wrong or at least not right as a mom and  I will get to that post someday I'm sure, but this post came to my mind a little while ago and I think it's 'the one' for tonight.  Tonight, I'm going to try in as many ways as I can to tell you what a beautiful mother is to me.  I started thinking about this because when I went back and read the you're a beautiful mother award again, I realized it said NOTHING as to why we thought so and so was a beautiful mother.  Keep in mind that I am not trying to describe myself as a beautiful mother because I'm not near that cocky or self deluded to think I am, even though others do (but hey that's them).  I know I'm a good mama and I know that some of these traits or descriptions may apply to me (in someone else's opinion) but this is not a tip my fucking mama hat post.  It's a hat tip to all the mamas out there who are beautiful in my own estimations.  Okay, so here goes somethin' I hope..
  • A beautiful mother is a woman who recognizes from the moment of the thought of conception of her children that she is no longer the most important thing in her life.  Her child is.  And from the day she accepts and decides to mother a child, to the day she dies; her child comes first.
  • A beautiful mother realizes that she is but the bow.  Her job is to raise her children as her arrows.  Her goal in life is sharpening and honing them into the straightest and truest flying little beings that she can aim as she lets them go out into the world. She does her best in life keep on target, and keep her children on the right path.
  • A beautiful mother is a woman who, even when unable to stay on target  for what ever reasons the world may hold,  or keep her little arrows from flying off course; still loves and supports her children.
  • That is to say that a beautiful mother's love is undying.  A powerful force to be reckoned with indeed, she'd move heaven and hell for her children.  Her love is a beautiful thing. It is unconditional.  Awe inspiring.  She is the sun in which a child's universe revolves around.
  • A beautiful mother says to God, "Thankyou Lord for the blessings you have given me in my children, and please help me to be worthy of them."  Motherhood is sacred.   Pregnancy is the only chance in life many of us get to assist God in creating a miracle, and motherhood is the journey we take to share that miracle with the world and share the world with our child.
  • A beautiful mother's guilt unfortunately, knows no end.  She may be superwoman and wonder mommy all in one beautiful mother package, but still she will fault herself for something.  Such is the life of a beautiful mother.  She worries herself with her child's emotional, physical, spiritual, and social well being constantly.  She doesn't want to fuck up.  I don't think anyone's mama ever really intentionally set out to fuck up.  Shit just happens.  Life happens.  We just do our best.
  • A beautiful mother makes the hard choices, the difficult decisions for the best of her child no matter how those choices may affect her.  She provides for and protects her children no matter what.
  • A beautiful mother may even choose to give her child up for adoption because she doesn't think she can do it the right way, a tough but beautiful choice some mothers make for the best for their child.  A beautiful mother may be a woman who thinks of other women out there in the world unable to become mothers on their own and allows her body to be used for the growing of someone else's child, blessing someone else with motherhood.
A beautiful mother is the greatest gift God ever gave the world.  And this coming Mother's Day, I want us all to remember that it isn't what a mother looks like on the outside that makes her beautiful.  They come in all shapes and sizes and all walks of life.  A beautiful mother is a woman like you or me or her. 

No comments: